Our mission is to improve public health through promoting an individual's well-being, preventing disease, and protection of an individual's health within the community.
The Board of Health & Health Department work to support the 10 essential functions of public health as outlined:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
The Board of Health meets once a month. Please check meeting notice postings at the Town Clerk's office for exceptions and/or cancellations. In addition to meeting notices, agendas for meetings are also posted with the Town Clerk.