PLEASE POST - NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School District
School Committee Meeting
Essex Technical High School
565 Maple Street
Hathorne, Massachusetts 01937
Media Center (Upper Level)
Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Call to Order
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comment*
- Superintendent-Director Search Timeline
The School Committee will consider approval of the Superintendent-Director Search Timeline as recommended by the Personnel Subcommittee.
- To Identify and Approve Funds to Contract with Massachusetts Association of School Committees for the Superintendent-Director Search.
- To approve a salary range for the new Superintendent-Director position.
- Discussion Items That Were Not Reasonably Anticipated by the Chairperson (M.G.L., Chapter 30A – Section 18-25)
The listing of matters includes those reasonably anticipated by the Chair in accordance with M.G.L., Chapter 30A, Section 18-25, which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*Public Participation at School Committee Meetings (File: BEDH)
- At the start of each regularly scheduled School Committee meeting, individuals or group representative will be invited to address the Committee.
- Public Comment shall be for a period of 20 minutes and shall generally follow the opening of the meeting. The Committee reserves the right to rearrange its agenda to accommodate scheduled presenters.
- Any citizen wishing to speak before the Committee shall identify themselves by name and address and shall speak for no longer than 3 minutes. No citizen may speak more than once without permission of the Chair. All citizens shall speak to the full Committee through the Chair and shall not address individual members or administrators.
- Individuals may address topics on the agenda, items specified for public comment, or items within the scope of responsibility of the School Committee. The Chair shall rule out of order any individual who fails to honor the guidelines or who addresses a matter inappropriate for public comment.
- Improper conduct and remarks will not be allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order. If a speaker persists in improper conduct or remarks, the Chair may terminate that individual’s privilege of address.
- All remarks will be addressed through the Chair of the meeting.
- Speakers may offer such objective criticisms of the school operations and programs as concern them, but in public session the Committee will not hear personal complaints of school personnel nor against any member of the school community. Under most circumstances, administrative channels are the proper means for disposition of legitimate complaints involving staff members.
- Written comments longer than 3 minutes may be presented to the Committee before or after the meeting for the Committee members’ review and consideration at an appropriate time.
- The Chair shall have discretion to allow public comment during discussion of items appearing on the meeting agenda.
Posted on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 1:09 PM by Michelle Johnson, Assistant to the Town Clerk