PLEASE POST – NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School District
Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School
565 Maple Street
Hathorne, Massachusetts 01937
Maple Street Bistro
Thursday, November 1, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes
The Subcommittee will consider approval of meeting minutes for the Finance Subcommittee meeting of October 3, 2018.
3. Ann Marie Greenleaf, DVM, DACVECC, Chief of Staff, Angell Animal Medical Center
Review of floor plans, equipment needs, and renovations to existing small animal building.
Financial responsibilities of the District and possible grant opportunities.
4. Massachusetts Learning Excursions Private Grant
Administrative Recommendation: To accept the Massachusetts Learning Excursions Private Grant. This grant is funded through the Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) and the Farr Foundation. A team of five individuals’ will receive a stipend of $1,100.00 (total monetary values of $5,500) to pay for all of their travel related expenses (hotel, airfare, any non-hosted meals, etc.)
5. Removal of Trees
Request the transfer of funds in the amount of $15,000 for removal of aging and deteriorating trees on the grounds.
6. Outstanding Travel Reimbursement FY2018
The Subcommittee will consider approval to authorize payment of an outstanding FY2018 travel reimbursement in the amount of $224.45 for a consultant working with admissions. Specific detail of this reimbursement will be provided at the Finance Subcommittee meeting.
7. Cleaning Service Bid FY2019-3
Bid 2019-3 was publicly opened on Wednesday, August 28, 2018. The admission recommends awarding this bid to Star Building Service, Inc. of Boston, the lowest responsive bidder for a total estimated three year cost of $86,263.20.
8. Proposed Salary Scale for Director of Facilities, Farm and Grounds
9. Chapter 74 Special Education Assessment Formula for Out of District Students
10. Transcription Compilation Discussion
11. Discussion items that were not reasonably anticipated by the Chairperson (M.G.L., Chapter 30A - Sections 18-25)
The listing of matters is those reasonably anticipated by the Chair in accordance with M.G.L., Chapter 30A, Section 18-25, which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 1:17 PM by Michelle Johnson, Assistant Town Clerk