PLEASE POST - NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School District
Regular School Committee Meeting
Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School
565 Maple Street
Hathorne, Massachusetts 01937
Media Center (Upper Level)
Thursday, September 13, 2018
1. Call to Order
2. Salute to the Flag
3. Public Comment*
4. Student Representatives Report
5. Approval of Meeting Minutes
The School Committee will consider approval of the June 15, 2018 and July 12, 2018 Meeting Minutes.
a. Notice of Retirement Received from Mary Etta Kroesser, Director of Human Resources
b. Notice of Retirement Received from Tammy E. Rodolico, Director of Technology
c. Melissa Teixeira Prince – Request for Audit of Essex Sports Center Pursuant to DCAMM Lease
d. Executive Office for Administration and Finance – Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance
7. Superintendent-Director Report
a. Superintendent-Director Entry Plan (September 2018)
b. DRAFT SMART Goals, Revised 7/16/2018 School Year 18-2019
c. Student Leadership Team
8. Nighthawks Adult Education Event
• To approve the Nighthawks Adult Education Program community- based course in partnership with Total Wine & More scheduled for October 18, 2018 and November 15, 2018 from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. The events will be held in the Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School’s Farm Stand.
• Report on Adult Education, Bonnie Carr
9. Principal Report
Out of State Field Trip Request
• To approve an Out of State Field Trip Request for grades 10 and 12 Cosmetology students to Evolve Salon Systems in Manchester, New Hampshire on October 10, 2018.
• To approve an Out of State Field Trip Request for grades 10 and 12 Cosmetology students to Concord Regional High Technical High School in Concord, New Hampshire on November 26, 2018.
10. Subcommittee Reports
a. Financial Statements
Recommendation: To approve financial statements for April 30, 2018, May 31, 2018 and June 30, 2018 place on file for audit.
b. Fiscal Year 2018 End of the Year Closing
• Close anticipated receipts of $1,611.822.27 and appropriation budget of $1,775,576.30 to unreserved fund balance account #100.3.3105.
• Reverse $453,344.25 FY 2017 reserved for encumbrances account #100.3.3102 to unreserved fund balance account #1100.3.3105.
• Transfer $57,282 from unreserved fund balance, account #100.3.3105 to School Choice , account #209.3.3108 to eliminate the deficit in the School Choice revolving fund.
• Closing balances due of $721,096 in the due from cities and towns to unreserved fund balance, account #100.3.3105.
c. Acceptance of Donations
• To accept the donation of a 1996 Toyota Avalon from Ms. Jennifer K. Schwarz of Peabody, Massachusetts to the Automotive Collision Repair & Refinishing Program.
• To accept the donation of office and lab furniture from the Furniture Trust to the Information Technology Services Program.
d. Establishing Senior Awards and Student Related Services
Recommendation: To approve applying funds received from the sale of scrap metal to senior awards and student related services as needed.
e. Fiscal Year 2019 Grants
Recommendation: To accept the following FY2019 Grants:
Grant Description Amount
Perkins CTE Secondary Allocation $344,772
Clean Energy Education Center $160,000
Title I $147,607
Title IIA $ 31,510
Title IV $ 11,829
Next Meeting: October 3, 2018 (5:30 p.m.)
District Policy Subcommittee
Next Meeting: October 11, 2018 (5:30 p.m.)
11. Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School District – School Emergency Operations Plan Update
12. Old Business
13. New Business
15. Discussion Items That Were Not Reasonably Anticipated by the Chairperson (M.G.L., Chapter 30A – Section 18-25)
The listing of matters includes those reasonably anticipated by the Chair in accordance with M.G.L., Chapter 30A, Section 18-25, which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*Public Participation at School Committee Meetings (File: BEDH)
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:30 PM by Michelle Johnson, Assistant to the Town Clerk