PLEASE POST - NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
ESSEX NORTH SHORE AGRICULTURAL & TECHNICAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
AD HOC NAMING OF THE SCHOOL SUBCOMMITTEE
Essex Technical High School
565 Maple Street
Hathorne, Massachusetts 01937
Media Center (Upper Level)
Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Call to Order
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
The Ad Hoc Naming of the School Subcommittee will consider approval for the meeting minutes of November 15, 2017.
- Public Comment*
- Discussion of the Name of Essex Technical High School Building with Potential Recommendation(s)
- Email received from Michael Searles, Office of Representative Theodore C. Speliotis (dated January 11, 2018)
- Email received from Victor Paduchak, Deputy Legislative Director, Office of Senator Bruce Tarr (dated January 23, 2018)
The listing of matters includes those reasonably anticipated by the Chair in accordance with M.G.L., Chapter 30A, Section 18-25, which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*Public Participation at School Committee Meetings (File: BEDH)
- At the start of each regularly scheduled School Committee meeting, individuals or group representative will be invited to address the Committee.
- Public Comment shall be for a period of 20 minutes and shall generally follow the opening of the meeting. The Committee reserves the right to rearrange its agenda to accommodate scheduled presenters.
- Any citizen wishing to speak before the Committee shall identify themselves by name and address and shall speak for no longer than 3 minutes. No citizen may speak more than once without permission of the Chair. All citizens shall speak to the full Committee through the Chair and shall not address individual members or administrators.
- Individuals may address topics on the agenda, items specified for public comment, or items within the scope of responsibility of the School Committee. The Chair shall rule out of order any individual who fails to honor the guidelines or who addresses a matter inappropriate for public comment.
- Improper conduct and remarks will not be allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order. If a speaker persists in improper conduct or remarks, the Chair may terminate that individual’s privilege of address.
- All remarks will be addressed through the Chair of the meeting.
- Speakers may offer such objective criticisms of the school operations and programs as concern them, but in public session the Committee will not hear personal complaints of school personnel nor against any member of the school community. Under most circumstances, administrative channels are the proper means for disposition of legitimate complaints involving staff members.
- Written comments longer than 3 minutes may be presented to the Committee before or after the meeting for the Committee members’ review and consideration at an appropriate time.
- The Chair shall have discretion to allow public comment during discussion of items appearing on the meeting agenda.
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2018 at 8:38 AM by Michelle Johnson, Assistant to the Town Clerk