Town of Boxford
Burn Permit for Period January 15th to May 1st
To register online for a burn permit, please read the following rules and regulations for the 2017 Season and click (AGREE) to proceed to online payment
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Burning is allowed only on the property designated on this permit.
2. All participants must call everyday to activate the burn permit. Please call the Communication Department 978-887-8137 from 8:00AM to 12:00 Noon.
3. No fires can be started before 10:00AM. They must be started between 10:00AM and 12:00 Noon.
4. All fires must be extinguished by 4:00PM. Burning after 4:00PM is prohibited.
5. All fires must be at least 75 feet from any structure including sheds.
6. All fires must be attended at all times.
7. All participants must make available a water supply such as a pressurized water pump can, garden hose, and shovels or rakes nearby for controlling the fire.
8. Participants shall burn the fire down to the coals with water, snow, sand or soil.
9. Participants may burn brush, cane, driftwood, and forestry debris but not grass, hay, leaves, stumps, or construction materials.
10. In case of high winds or otherwise dangerous conditions, this permit is invalid as provided by law.
11. This permit does not release party from liability for damages. (AGREE)