Our mission is to improve public health through promoting an individual's well-being, preventing disease, and protection of an individual's health within the community.
The Boxford Board of Health and Health Department work to support the 10 essential functions of public health as outlined:
• Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
• Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
• Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
• Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
• Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
• Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
• Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
• Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
• Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
• Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
The Board of Health meets once a month. Please check meeting notice postings at the Town Clerk's office for exceptions and/or cancellations. In addition to meeting notices, agendas for meetings are also posted with the Town Clerk.